Welcome To the WIN!!! St. Elias Mines HUB On AGORACOM

Keep in mind, the opinions on this site are for the most part speculation and are not necessarily the opinions of the company WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Free

Gorgeous mimi; Yes all of the effluent and cuttings from the coring is put over what is called a "shale shaker" to separate the water from the cuttings. The water is then "floculated" with different environmentally friendly chemicals and minerals so that it becomes clean enuff to use again for drilling.

Now if we wanted to use the "cuttings" as a income generating by product of the operation---Im not sure there would be enuff volume to make it worthwhile. After all, the core is probably only 2 to 3 inches across, and most of that is a removable core, so the remaining cutting volume is only 3/8 of an inch-- the thickness of the drill pipe.

Now remember what I said about the 5 grams per tonne (two pennies), can you imagine how long it would take to get a tonne of soil from 3/8 of an inch in cuttings.

HOWEVER-- you did say from the egg, so I am going to assume you are thinking "GOLDEN EGG" and with that being said, if they dont want the cuttings from a pure gold egg, you and I will take them and buy Pina Colladas for everyone on board the SS St Elias this winter. How does that sound.

Good question young lady, and hope this helps clear that up.

Rinky

New Message
Please login to post a reply