Welcome To the WIN!!! St. Elias Mines HUB On AGORACOM

Keep in mind, the opinions on this site are for the most part speculation and are not necessarily the opinions of the company WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Free

Hi moneybags,

Under normal Disclosure Policies, management of any company cannot sit on assays/results. They have to be distributed to the Public within a few days after receiving them or in a timely manner.

Now, there is an exception to the rule.

If the company has non-disclosure agreements signed with other companies, they can sit on the results legally. Or, if they have other very good reasons (which are few), they can withhold results. If a company is a takeover target, and the company can supply ample proof that this is the case, the regs legally allow them to hold back on results.

One can speculate, that if assays appear to be a long time coming from any company, that that company may be in takeover talks. But, I will have to say, that I have seen companies that were not in takeover talks, take 6-8 months to release assays. This can be attributed to the fact that labs were backed up, or the samples were late getting sent to the lab. Also, sometimes on high grade assays, the samples are rerun to ascertain the first results.This takes longer.

If we could get a time when our first samples were sent to the lab, we could generally guess that it may take 2 months for results. I have sent samples (a small quanity) to the lab this spring, I could have had those results back in 21 days if I chose, but waited a few extra days, and they arrived. I sent some samples 1 month ago yesterday to a different lab, I called today and was advised the assays would be wrote up the first of next week for me. Keep in mind, my samples consist of 10,s, whereas mining companies consist of 100,s and in some cases over 1000 samples. The labs this year, pretty well all over, are getting swamped with samples because of the increased exploration due to the metal prices. So, expect delays from all fronts.

Jakethesnake put a timeline post on the other night, I beleive it to be reasonable but things on the assay side may take longer.

I should also mention, even though assays may take longer, we may not need all assays back before an offer emerges. I know if I was a possible suitor, a dozen well placed holes on that property would tell me what I needed to know, in regards to making an offer. Keep in mind how valuable a tool the Quantec or geophysics has become to the mining industry. The big suitors know how to read these accurately and put a degree of trust in them.

IMO

New Message
Please login to post a reply