Welcome To the WIN!!! St. Elias Mines HUB On AGORACOM

Keep in mind, the opinions on this site are for the most part speculation and are not necessarily the opinions of the company WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Free

An interesting find, Senor Hobbes. And I'm sure a very useful tool for the geologists walking the site looking at surface rocks or underground where the informales have already been. I wouldn't be surprised to find these in their toolbox. A reading on one of these is an indication that more attention might be warranted in a particular (very, very small) area.

However, at this stage of proving up the discovery, SLI needs to develop more of a 3 dimensional model of the site. They know there is gold there, all of the previous sampling work has proven that. The question now is how much? To do that requires bulk sampling (dig up X tons of material, find Y grams/ton, etc.), from trenching or coring. The Quantec survey suggest where to look first, or more accurately where the most likely spots might be. Samples acquired through coring or trenching could certainly be tested on site using this tool, to see if gold is there, but it's hard to extrapolate the readings into quantities.

I don't mean to disrespect your post; quite the opposite. I hope the guys on site have something better than the perunias (see below, from St. Elais web site photo gallery), and tools like the one you've found are a potential alternative. If there is a "silver bullet" (why is there no "gold bullet"?) in exploration, it is the Quantec survey. To see underground in 3-D is truly magic. There is still a lot of ground to cover here (pun intended). It might take a while. IMO

New Message
Please login to post a reply