Welcome To the WIN!!! St. Elias Mines HUB On AGORACOM

Keep in mind, the opinions on this site are for the most part speculation and are not necessarily the opinions of the company WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Free

....that the SLI sp didn,t go up on last nights news. Was the news widely distributed, I didn,t check.

Gluckenstein did a quick reserve estimate in his 2010 report of 160k ounces of gold on CB and a NAV to SLI of .10. I believe he didn,t have all the info to work with, whereas Hog and I had a hard time digging up info last year and lately since the Candente possible takeout scenario. Without studying the bit of new info in the NR last night, a quick scan over the release added much more promise for me. The verification results done last summer by IGD confirms the grades and other geology suggests quite a large zone/zones of mineralization.

The biggest thing right now for me, is that there is expressed interest from at least one major. If you look at the topography map on the SLI website, you will see Newmont owns the adjoining property to our east, if the map is up to date. Newmont and Buenaventura and the IFC own the Yanacocha.

We are putting drills on the CB with IGD and SLI sharing the cost, or at least thats how I read it. CB is still 100% owned by SLI, but IGD has the option to earn 60%, and by SLI spending money on CB right now, I don,t really see IGD owning anymore than that in the future. One thing to think about, I believe IGD has 3 years to fulfill there obligation and to earn the 60%, but, if they have only earned a portion of that by the time there is an offer for the property, thay may only get proceeds totally their earned in percentage at that time. Not sure on how it may work, but nevertheless, SLI has got 40% of something that may now be coveted. I don,t believe you can take Vale out of the picture with adjoining property to the south, OR , Anglo gold, that owns the property to the west.

The CB has had geophysics done on it awhile ago, suggesting some deep targets below the known mineralization, IMO, these need to be drilled. The value a drill program could add to both of these companies may be surprising in respect to proving up more gold and possibly trying a copper hole. I see little mention of copper in the NR, but we are very close to a large deposit of Candente,s which borders our property to the North, and looks like their copper may strike through part of the CB. There is a cloud over the google earth image of the property, so I can,t tell how the faults run or see any displacement, which makes the google earth image useless. There is explanations given in the NR about this, but I havent had time to review it yet.

Anyhow, it looks as though things are starting to heat up in terms of interest in our properties and I had expected to see a sp rise in SLI today reflecting this.

IMO

New Message
Please login to post a reply