Welcome To the WIN!!! St. Elias Mines HUB On AGORACOM

Keep in mind, the opinions on this site are for the most part speculation and are not necessarily the opinions of the company WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Free

Both historically and lately I have seen posts by junior and senior members of this forum that are not clear in the format they are drafted. When quoting a specific News Release or Article, one must be very clear to differentiate between where the quote is and what is the poster's analysis and/or personal opinion. The problems with posting a quote, analysis or portions of an article without proper attribution are many. It leaves room for editing of information pertinent to the context and perspective. Important details may have been ommitted. Mis-quotes can occur. Personal biases and mistakes can affect the perception of such quote.

I would like to see ALL members of SLI Forum on Agoracom follow some better protocol when quoting any releases or reference material.

1. Identify the quote with Bold or Italic or Font color.

2. Keep personal analysis and comments to a different paragraph than quoted text.

3. Post a link and/or a title, date and location of original quote.

4. Do not change wording, punctuation or even spelling within the quoted text. Shortening of the quote is acceptable if the entire quote is made available through a reference note.

5. Attribution is important. Note the author or media source directly after the quote.

I have posted a quote below that is formatted properly to avoid any confusion:

St. Elias Mines Ltd. announced that it has received conditional approval from the TSX Venture Exchange with respect to its Plan of Arrangement or "spin-out" of its property assets in British Columbia to Havilah Mines Ltd. - Reuters Mar 5, 2012

http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/SLI.V/key-developments

New Message
Please login to post a reply