Welcome To the WIN!!! St. Elias Mines HUB On AGORACOM

Keep in mind, the opinions on this site are for the most part speculation and are not necessarily the opinions of the company WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Free

When I first starting research gold, a stock broker gave me a visual on how much gold there is in the world that I won't forget. Just thought I'd share as you might appreciate as well. This excerpt is from

http://gold.bullionvault.com/How/WhyGold

How Much Gold Is There?#

Even with modern technology gold is still incredibly difficult to find.

In total about 160,000 tonnes of gold have been taken out of the Earth.

That 160,000 tonnes is less than you might think. Formed into a single gold cube it wouldn’t quite cover a tennis court. In fact it would be 2 metres short. But that’s all the gold in the world.

Gold is being mined at about 2,600 tonnes a year, so the above ground supply is expanding at 1.6% per annum. This newly mined supply means the world's cube of gold - currently 20.2 metres across - is growing by just 11 cm per year.

All the world's gold will cover a tennis court when the above ground stock is 205,000 tonnes. This will be some time around 2025.

205,000 tonnes is approximately the sum of the current above ground stocks (approximately 160,000 tonnes) plus the aggregate un-mined known reserves of all the world's gold mining companies (approximately 45,000 tonnes).

That's all the world's gold - both above ground, and known about but still underground.

New Message
Please login to post a reply