Free

Good moring my friends: Back online again finally. It was asked about shipping Dore' bars. Frankly,I believe that it would be foolish to even to think of that, due to the unique conditions in the area.

Hi grade concentrates have to show a legitiment source for sale, or processing, by a smelter. Admittedly this can be bypssed, but in general this is a protective factor.

Shipping Dore'bars rather than concentrates, exposes them to far greater loss simply because Dore'bars are readily sold on the open market. What this adds up to is "Hi JACKING.

Given the access conditions at La Yesca, all travel would have to be at reduced speed , any curve, steep climb, etc., could be a potential assault point. Mexico is not like Canada

Up at the Colorados we were periodically hijacked for whatever the trucks and passengers were carrying. So I nixed any idea of Dore' bars. Instead we secured permision and installed a shielded space behind the driver's compartment and placed two men inside with rifles.

In due course , two armed men tried to stop the truck. When the truck wouldn't stop, they opened fire. This fire was returned and both assailents were hit.

The next day the news papers posted the story that that night two state policemen were injured in a fire fight with bandidos. We were never mentioned, nor were there any more hijacking attempts. Sigh.

So, while the operating costs may be a bit higher due to the added expenses for others to do the final refinining, in the long run, it is cheaper, since the loss of one shipment of Dore'bars being hiacked, represents a significent loss, which would have to be made up over time.

Jim is well aware of this, so relax. He'll give you the most run for your bucks.

Don Jose de La Mancha

New Message
Please login to post a reply