Free

A wake on stories? no market data , no howling or joyously leaping up and down? Hmm

A story to fill in and encourage posts.

Don Jose de La Mancha

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guillermo is now dead. His last words sent to me were "Jose, If I am dead when you come here again, just find out where I am buried, poke a hole in the ground and slide one of the cigars that you alwys bring me down to me"".

Here is his story:

When I was getting married here in Alams, an Indian friend of mine heard of it. In the rush of my commitment, I had forgotten to send him an invitation since he lived in a remote area at that time.

On the morning of the wedding, who shows up at the house, but my friend, he was dirty, tired, hungry, and carrying a bundle wrapped in a water resistant cloth. We promptly fed him, gave him a bath and let him sleep for a bit, while I went on with my commitment. At the Wedding he appeared in his worn, but immaculate levis, and his favorite red shirt. He also showed up at the reception then disappeared. When I later asked where he had gone, they told me that he had gone home.

Later I found that he had spent two days on the trail on foot, crossing swollen streams that were almost chest high from the hurricane that had just passed through, to attend my wedding.. Two hours after the reception he returned home again.

When my father heard of this he said, "You will never have a greater compliment paid to you in your life, than what this man just did for you". "Walking almost 5 days just to be at your wedding".

This also tells me that while you have been exploring, living among the Indians etc., you have left a legacy of trust and faith behind you. This is also an indirect compliment to me, since it tells me that I raised you correctly".

New Message
Please login to post a reply