Free

Just very busy. Daughter moved back in with a list of demands that I need to attend to, so that she might live in comfort and pay zip for rent, somewhat failing to replace the $600 per month or so that I was getting for part of my house. And burnt up a tank of gas in me van and borrowed $10 for lunch. Why am I somehow not surprised. Shoulda et them when they was young'uns.

Jim was right PO'd about something on the golf course and I reckon someone in Mexico is getting their arse fired. He was extremely happy about Gerardo, tho and will have him up here for PDAC. This is not pronounded Peedak by the way. You will be reprimanded severely if you say Peedak. I was. You say the letters, Pee, Dee, Eh, See. I have no idea, by the by, what he was mad about.

Moe Lavigne is an interesting fellow. I eavesdropped on a bunch of his yakkin and had breakfast with him and a bunch of other folk on Sunday AM. The general consensus is that it was a very good thing to have bailed out of the ROF. Moe thinks this is going to take a long time, primarily due to the very real dislike between Harper and the Brothers McGuinty. Neither side will do anything to make the other look good, so it will be a while he thinks.

I did not get much of a chance to pick the Hoov's brain as he was often surrounded with folks and talkin Red Ore stuff. I thought he would be much more rugged around the edges but he is rather like a professor, crossed with a country bumpkin. We definitely have to get one of them Toronto boys with the manicured hands, glitter on the eyelids and ladies undies to work on his wardrobe. I didn't get to see what he was driving, but I pondered if it would be a BMW complete with Briar pipe, or a '76 Impala with duct tape holding up the window, and spinner wheel covers, complete with Corncob pipe. Hoopty car. Just teasing ya, old pal.

A really wide swath of different folks at the golf. I encourage everyone to attend next, if only to put the face to the name. Fun and interesting. Got a smooch from the very lovely Irish and yakked with her and Mr. Irish. You know why she is called Irish? Cause she are one. Met Mr. and Mrs Crazydik. Nice folk, too. Turns out we have mutual acquaintii. Small world. Met Babjack and Little Bab. Lots of others, too. Dang good time. Momma had lots of fun as well, even tho' Charlie don't surf, and Momma don't trade stocks.

Momma and I are fixin to go to PDAC as well, if any part of it occurs on the weekend. Gary and Gerardo are gonna be there, and Jim too, no doubt. Be there, or be square.

Special thanks to Strato and Mrs Strato. Nice work, y'all.

Back to Jim. You get the feeling that he is going to wrestle UC and choke and beat anything in his path to get this thing runnin smooth. Real growly determination type of feeling. Fifty cent or die tryin. Then onward and upward, long term operators. Get the feeling that FMG will be packaged up and sold, and UC will be held. Remember, I am just para-citin Jim and these are my thoughts only.

I wouldn't be comfy with Jim babysittin my kids, but babysittin my money feels much more comfy. He has a pee-pot full of his own money here and I don't spec he wants to see this thing stalled out much longer. I would not like to screw up if I was working for him. You would have a dent in your head much like his. Or your ears blowed off.

Nuff said. Off to work for another 80 or so hours. Thank goodness next weekend is a long'un.

Truck.

New Message
Please login to post a reply