Free

Had a five hour beer laced yak with son last night. He thanked me for buying him a drum kit in Grade 8. Thanked me for naming him after his late great uncles that died in WW2 and Korea respectively. Thanked me for making him understand why history is so important to looking forward. Took a while for that to sink in. Generally thanked me for stuff, ya know. Called me an a-hole for working too hard and kicking the father-son chat down the road. To which I replied "How can I try to explain, when I do you turn away again, and it's always been the same, same old story" (Cat Stevens) SIC. Can you imagine how it took 27 years to figure each other out and actually have a sit-me down? I think he got the fact that I tried, but it was difficult to get him to stop for a moment. He agreed that constant band practice, hockey and other diversions never allowed for a chat with his USA bound Pappy, that tried to build him a music studio on the weekends. He got the music studio before his Mom and I had a kitchen. "Good point, Pappy" were his response. Good news is he is selling all his shite, moving to Calgary in the next few weeks for the same reason his Pappy did years ago. Time to make a life. Need a good, strong young man out there Aafab? He can probably excell at Caber Toss, given that I get him to toss railway ties all the time.

To get on topic, Mr. Guamquat, (I thought it was Cumquat?) Suggest you hound Mr. Monaghan for info, and grow a mighty thick skin while yer at it. This "Work in Progress" has taken a very long time. Far more time than I ever thought, and I can about guarantee that it's been far more time than anyone else thought also. I golfed with Jim Voisin last year and he seems very much like a man possessed. I gave him a right good arse rippin about communicatin with yer shareholders and I think he got it, and Gary seemed to briefly get it. Enquiring minds want to know. At the very least, Gary should let us know that he is alive, they are crushing something besides our patience, how the kids are making out a summer camp. Anything. Again, Proof of Life statement.

Took 27 years to make my kid stop for a moment. Hope it don't take that long for Gary to have a father son with us.

6' Patio door on the way this AM. Will carry up the deck and install by self. Only dogs to help. With no thumbs. Good thing I used to read about ancient methods of construction. Only thing missing are the slaves they used. I shall fashion some harnessess, harni? for the hounds. Pull ya little buggars.

Later gang, time for a brewski to loosen up them 'ere mussels.

Truck the Merciless.

New Message
Please login to post a reply