Aurelian Resources Was Stolen By Kinross and Management But Will Not Be Forgotten

The company whose shareholders were better than its management

Free

Fellow Investors,

well I hate to say it but it certainly is about time they found someone to get their diamond drill program opperating on all cyclinders. I posted a long time ago that I was disappointed in the footage that there drillers were achieving and it certainly has not gotten any better since then. Only so much can be attributed to the backlog at assay labs. If ARU had a steady stream of core samples going to the labs then they would be in the que and we would be getting steady results back.

I have been talkin resently to the diamond drillers working at the mine I am at and they have informed me that baring any mechanical difficulties, they average around 100 - 120 ft per 10 hour shift. They are drilling in medium to very hard rock. When in soft rock they say they can get up to 200 ft per shift. These figures compare favourably to what I had posted in the past.

Needless to say, if you do the math we are not getting anywhere near this crews average production. I do not know who has been looking after there drill teams in the past, obviously with ARU looking for a drill superintendent it finally looks like ARU management has recognized the lack of production as a problem.

I suspect that ARU is running into a combination of problems, lack of experienced diamond drillers who in turn are rough on the equipment, which then prematurely breaks down. These lost drill strings, prematurely burnt out bits and part mechanical failures then have to be replaced. This is no doubt a challenge in a contry that has no mining industry and thus all these parts would have to be sourced from abroad. The job description tells me a good deal on the types of problems they are having. It would not surprise me if at any one time 1/2 of there drills are down due to mechanical problems or lack of parts.

Investors, welcome to the reality of mining at the present with the lack of qualified people and difficulty in getting parts I have mentioned a number of times in the past. Sometimes you cannot just buy qualified people because they no longer exhist hahahahahaha.

ARU is still the best gold play going however because every other mining company out there has the same problem also. Qualified and experienced personel in the mining industry across the whole world are in extremely short supply.

Personally, I love this because as the baby boomers start retiring in 2008, the price I can name for my services continues to increase hahahahaha.

F.F.

New Message
Please login to post a reply