Aurelian Resources Was Stolen By Kinross and Management But Will Not Be Forgotten

The company whose shareholders were better than its management

Free

I'm Confused!

posted on Jan 27, 2008 10:48PM

I just picked this off El Diario's website. babelfish trans. at the bottom - couldn't be bothered to do it myself.

The thing that jumped out at me was the Ambassador title. Surely Ecuador doesn't have full diplomatic relations with Taiwan? As I understand it, Ecuador has recognized the PRC since 1980. Has something changed, or is this just sloppy journalism?

http://www.eldiario.com.ec/noticias-...

CHINA - TAIWÁN
Embajadora asume funciones

La embajadora de la República de China-Taiwán en el Ecuador, Ingrid Y. Hsing, a su llegada al país señaló sentirse encantada porque “parece como si hubiera estado en este bello país por mucho tiempo”.

Hsing indicó que su objetivo principal en el Ecuador será el de fortalecer las relaciones entre ambos países en el ámbito comercial, tecnológico, diplomático y político.

“Desde que arribé al Ecuador todo mundo me ha demostrado amistad y simpatía, eso me hace feliz y claro”, dijo.

Otra labor de Hsing será facilitar la visita de los taiwaneses al Ecuador, aprovechando que pueden ingresar al país “porque hace unos años nos cancelaron el privilegio de ingresar al Ecuador sin visa y que mis compatriotas fortalezcan el turismo y el comercio en esta nación”, dijo.

La representante de Taiwán en Ecuador aspira, en los próximos días, entrevistarse con el presidente de la República, Rafael Correa Delgado, porque considera un honor estar en este país. La embajadora encontró un buen ambiente en la oficina comercial de Taiwán y sobre todo “mi equipo de colaboradores son muy amables y dispuestos a cooperar con el trabajo que se va a desarrollar”. Visitará las provincias de Azuay, Manabí e Imbabura.

In English

Ambassador assumes functions The ambassador of the Republic of China-Taiwan in Ecuador, Ingrid And Hsing, to her arrival to the country indicated to feel enchanted because "it seems as if there was been in this beautiful country for a long time". Hsing indicated that its primary target in Ecuador will be the one to fortify the relations between both countries in the commercial scope, technological, diplomatic and political. "Since I arrived at Ecuador all world has demonstrated friendship to me and affection, that me makes happy and clear", it said. Another work of Hsing will be to facilitate the visit from the Taiwanese to Ecuador, being taken advantage of who can enter the country "because years ago they cancelled the privilege to enter Ecuador without visa and that my compatriots fortify the tourism and the commerce in this nation", said. The representative of Taiwan in Ecuador aspires, in the next days, to meet itself with the president of the Republic, Thin Rafael Strap, because he considers an honor to be in this country. The ambassador found a good atmosphere in the commercial office of Taiwan and mainly "my team of collaborator very amiable and is arranged to cooperate with the work that is going away to develop". It will visit the provinces of Azuay, Manabí and Imbabura.

ebear

New Message
Please login to post a reply