Aurelian Resources Was Stolen By Kinross and Management But Will Not Be Forgotten

The company whose shareholders were better than its management

Free

Looks like we have found a new "Closing Game" to kill time while we wait for the big payoff.......If someone is going to get the cheap closing shares it might as well be one of us....or better yet all of us !!!

Or we could cast around for some good picks & shovels plays...heh.

Seriously.  Look at  Diamond Offshore (RIG) for example.  A double in just over a year.  They are booked solid, day rates are rising, and best of all, they get paid whether or not they find something.  Not a recommendation - just an example.  Another one I just missed because I had my nose too close to the monitor trying to figure out Aurelian is NGS.  Pull up a chart and you'll see what I mean.  Check their revenue growth.  Some people are making money in this market.

I figure there's a lot of collective knowledge on this board, so we ought to put it to use.  I threw out a few ideas over on the OT board, and I'll have some more as time goes by.  This mining stuff is really long odds IMO.  I got lucky with ARU.  Bought it for a trade just before the breakout because I liked the chart.  Once I learned what I had, I held on like a bear in a tree.  Not likely to happen again I figure.  I could spread my winnings among 20 gold stocks and then what?  Hit another Aurelian?  As if.

I don't know about youse guys, but I need to branch out here.  I'm in oil of course, looking at solar and wind (damn Vestas Wind Systems...grrr... another one I missed.  What is this 1999?  Sure seems like it for alternate energy) and a few other ideas.  Could use some input though.  More than willing to share my own findings, quid pro quo.

Oh, and what about GE?  Nuclear.  Solar.  Wind.  They've got a finger in every pie.  Is it a buy right now?  Sure looks like it, unless they do a Bear Stearns, but how likely is that?  And what about all those sovereign funds?  Is GE something they might want to own?

OK, that was definitely OT but I just had to pound the drum.  I'll keep it over there from now on. 

ebear 

New Message
Please login to post a reply