Aurelian Resources Was Stolen By Kinross and Management But Will Not Be Forgotten

The company whose shareholders were better than its management

Free
Message: No discussion slaughtered by the deadline pressure: Acosta

it makes me laugh to see their politicians wringing their hands over his resignation and being quoted as saying "this is so painful." those guys should be getting academy awards. if they let acosta return to any position of authority, they should have their heads examined.

I agree with much of what you said, but I'm going to put in a plug for Acosta anyway, because I think he deserves it. The man was handed an impossible task, and he made the best he could of a bad situation.

It doesn't matter to me that he's on the other team. He's a man of integrity who sticks to his guns, which is more than you get with most politicians. I don't even see him as a politician really. I see him as an educated man who is deeply concerned about his nation, and who's accepted a political role, not out of ambition, but as a matter of personal responsibility.

I joked earlier that maybe we'd see him in a future role as Minister of the Environment, but the more I think about it, the more I like the idea. There's a whole lot of lip service paid to environmentalism and "best practice" on the part of resource companies, but how many of them actually walk the walk, if they don't have someone breathing down their neck? Someone who not only can do the job, but who can teach the upcoming generation to take their stewardship of the environment seriously. I think Acosta could manage that quite well.

Anyway, I just had to get that off my chest. I'm as pleased as the rest of you that he's out of the picture (for now) but it pains me to see him scorned for merely doing what he thought was right. There's a few people down there that deserve to be trashed, but in my opinion, Acosta isn't one of them.

ebear

New Message
Please login to post a reply