Aurelian Resources Was Stolen By Kinross and Management But Will Not Be Forgotten

The company whose shareholders were better than its management

Free
Message: Re: How does Kinross profit on the 15 million shares they buy from themselves?
Aug 26, 2008 03:57PM

I think bgold makes an excellent point here in that profit has nothing to do with insider trading ...insider trading is simply buying or selling with knowledge not available to the public...

i think it could be argued easily that they did profit even as hawnkoa says it's simply appears to be one pocket to another. if a fairness opinion values fdn at 1.2 billion, and they take 20 day average prices and run a warrant through black sholes to decide how much of each of a share and a warrant equal the determined value of ARU/FDN. Diluting us 10% through the issuance of 15million shares profits them by reducing their costs by 10%... so even though profit should not matter, they do indeed profit by either eventually buying ARU/FDN or if a competing bid comes in.

the options are another good point...if they were not given with the knowledge of a big coming someone please explain to me why Andre and Jonathon both got them? By all accounts they have been fairly far removed from the company...they have received zero options between them up since there original allotment when they came on board... then, literally days before a deal come in that would see their existing option expire worthless, they majically receive some "in the money" ones as a token thank you.

1. The Insider sells while they told the public all was well.

2. The Insider trade buy Kinross to buy a 15m share PP.

3. The options handed out in the middle of when the transaction was being ironed out.

Take your pick ...take these clowns down.

New Message
Please login to post a reply