Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

Gee GS..

I appreciate your going to the trouble to point out point by point what a fool I am regarding my obersvations of the CLL valuation.

Now I suggest you familiarize yourself with the terms you are casually interchanging. There is a huge difference between the term reserves and resources.

The cohorts I was alluding to are the plays like BQI or PBG who have no certified reserves and yet enjoy market caps that would absolutely wither if they were valued in the manner you or Jurek suggest is appropriate foe CLL.

So why does CLL get the treatment it gets in the market place and the others shoot skyward with no apparent means of support?

It isn't a deep pocketed fund that covets the soon to be billions of barrels of reserves at Great Divide. That would be a company in the busines that is looking at their evaporating reserves and needing to add some oil to their balance sheet.

I suspect the triggering event will be when the SEC allow changing their accounting standards to allow bitumen to be carried as a reserve asset, offsetting those conventional assets that have gone up in smoke.

CLL appeals versus those others because they have taken the trouble to firm up their reserves. PBG and BQI have no proven reserves that can be booked. UTS is years away

A major oil company could, thru some crooked Canadian dealers easily keep their thumb on the scale thru controlled marketing of CLL shares. To one of these hugely profitable entities, this is no different than any of the other devices they employ to maximize shareholder value at the expense of any and everyone.

The fact that doing this with a company the size of CLL that is exclusively on a Canadian gamed exchange would be simple and relatively cheap.

Now you stick to your belief that CLL is down because everyone is sitting around with an abacus when they consider CLL...only, and I'll stick to mine that there are more than fundamental reasons that CLL continued to suck wind while the rest of the oil patch is getting yanked up by the macroeconomic forces at play in the world.

New Message
Please login to post a reply