Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free
Message: Re: Connacher's Future Production / Question for 2 Crude
Oct 01, 2008 04:49PM

Oct 02, 2008 07:31AM

Re: Connacher's Future Production / Question for 2 Crude

posted on Oct 02, 2008 08:19AM

Hi 2 C

TNX for your very detailed and quick answer .

The more I'm in CLL I learned to accept that SAGD is not a tecnic that could assure all things could be go as planned and there can be very much things which can go wrong.It's not as easy then to simply pump up the oil like in conventional production.

That's maybe the reason why some members and also on my local board don't understand why the sp is still at the same range like 2 years ago.

Also we have to look on the whole pic instead of just fixing on the SAGD production.

We discussed the "satellite approach " earlier.After Algar is finished I understood that the next pod's are probably smaller sized "plants"perhaps containing boilers,well pairs and some pumping stations but all the rest should be linked to the Great Divide or Algar tank park or control unit or something.

So that could be the reason to me that after finishing Algar and it runs fiull speed the extra 30.000 bpd will come from such linked small plants.That's why I assume the sp would take of at a faster pace and not like the common thinking of 1 to 2 $ per pod .

The reason is the need of cash will slow down for these projects and earnings wil rise so this underlines a quicker rising sp.

JMHO

New Message
Please login to post a reply