Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

Lynn:

What I am suggesting is the arrangement of a true strategic partnership. One in which the "contractor" and the "principal", create a situation where a true mutually beneficial relationship becomes the norm. A relationship in which during good times and bad times (like now), the agreements provide for a continuity of relationship. This is a situation in which through cooperation, during bad times when employment is needed and every cost advantage required for sustainability, the parties work together to achieve their mutual interest.

Likewise, when conditions are better and the ability to incur greater project cost is available due to economic robustness, the payback arrives for the contractor through greater individual project profit. The aim of such is to enable a smoothing of economic variables thereby, assuring that the needs of both parties over time are met under changing economic scenarios. Both parties can benefit in many ways through such a strategic partnership. As well as employees of both the vendor and the principal through greater assurance of a steady work flow meaning greater job security.

In advising such an approach, I am not suggesting that such has not already been achieved. I simply have no way of knowing. My only suggestion is that if it has not, such may be very wise to explore. The objective is to enable both parties to achieve their interests over a protracted period of time while achieving sustainability for all. With many pods yet to develop, the situation at Connacher is ideal for such an approach. A true strategic partnership designed to benefit all involved.

Brian

New Message
Please login to post a reply