Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free
Mar 10, 2009 12:59PM

Re: dk_co

in response to by
posted on Mar 10, 2009 03:12PM

Wow Jurek:

That was a well written short fiction story using extrmely complex sentence structure and an advanced choice of words..Kind of makes me wonder just how credible your supposed language difficulties are... So a few posters asked you not to respond to my post..Would those posters be the other aliases you post under?

Now just to humour you I googled a different kind of shareholder, As I'm sure you're already aware, the search came up empty..

Now your little short srory,although rather amusing failed of course in answering the facts..

FROM CLL FINANCIALS Q3 2008

COMMON SHARE INFORMATION

Shares outstanding at end of period (000) 197,894

198,218 198,834 199,447 209,971 210,277 211,027 211,182

Now the LEGAL DEFINITION

http://www.duhaime.org/LegalDictiona...

The basic share in a for-profit corporation; a piece of ownership proportionate to the common share(s) held against the total issued.

Also known as ordinary shares or common stock.

These are bought from a corporation for a certain amount.

A common shareholder is generally expected to have voting rights (usually one vote per share) as to management, a proportionate "share" in profits (dividends), and, because they represent ownership, a share in any monies realized from the sale of assets if the company is ever wound up or otherwise dissolved.

These 3 basic rights are often tempered especially in large coroprations who, to attract investment, will cut into common shareholder rights and also sell "special" or preferred shares, with these special or preferred shares taking priority as to dividends.

A multitude of permutations are allowed by jurisdictions which incorporate coroprations, and routinely utilized by corporations to attract and manage their investors. Thus, one will often find a whole slot of different shares, each with particular heirarchy in terms of dividends or voting rights, depending on what attracts a particular investor.

But when nothing else has been specified, the basic share is the common share, so called because it is the default share type.

SO JUREK what don't you understand?
Now back to your story, In your attempt to not only insult me ( do you honestly think I'm not intelligent enough to see the cheap shot you took by using a fictitious cut and paste business that quote doesn't require require very skillful or smart employees) but mislead the readers of this board, you put forth the idea that CLL doesn't have the financial resources to wather this storm. This of course is a lie.
NOW back to the house. A person takes out a $400,000 mortgage on a $500,000 house.. WHO OWNS THE HOUSE? The answer of course is the holder of the legal title or deed..That would be the person taking the mortgage. Now one could argue that the bank owns it until it's paid off,, NOT TRUE,, the bank has 1st crack of payment upon default as the holder of the mortgage. The PROPERTY is the legal responsibility of the owner not the bank. CLL IS NOWHERE NEAR in the financial trouble that you're implying. Common shareholders OWN part of the company, which by the way has a total current equity of $497 million...
PS. I copy all my posts in case you decide to use your deleting powers.
Mar 10, 2009 05:26PM
Mar 10, 2009 06:19PM

Mar 10, 2009 06:55PM
Mar 10, 2009 09:47PM
Mar 11, 2009 02:46AM
Mar 11, 2009 04:53AM
Mar 11, 2009 05:13AM
Mar 11, 2009 07:59AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply