Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

Looks like Jureks cheerleading squad is rallying to his defence.

XBB

" Please knock off the rude and sarcastic comments."

You want to play the moral high ground that's fine. At least judge both parties in the same light..You want rude and sarcastic, check out Jureks post on the off topic. I can also put forth numerous examples of his sarcasm and lack of politeness to many posters on many occasions.

"Instead of relying on dictionary definitions on which to base your investment decisions, perhaps you should instead rely on the basic concepts of accounting.

FYI I don't rely on dictionary definitions for my investing decisions, that would be insane. I do however refer to dictionary definitions to point out when someone obviously hasn't a clue of what they speak.

If you've been following, the discussion is about Jurek's claim that I'm misleading the board by saying that a shareholder owns part of the company. He apparently doesn't think so. It's not about who gets paid in the event of bankruptcy ( the common shareholder is LAST on the list and usually gets squat and if someone doesn't know this they shouldn't be in the market), it's about whether the holder of a common share has ownership of what that share represents. ( a portion of the company)

"You continually use numbers from the most recently published financial statements in your arguments. Yurek's estimates are based on more recent, information which takes into account the rapid fluctuation in price of oil and the costs and value of production.

That's right I use the information from the most recent published financials as they're accurate ,definitive and proven. Jurek, as you correctly point out, makes estimates.. looking into a crystal ball and making predictions is all fine and dandy but there are so many variables that change daily at lightning speed it's impossible to be taken seriously. He has no way of knowing the day to day costs involved and how any changes can effect the company... I have no problems at all with Jureks estimates, as long as he presents them as such and not as facts.

New Message
Please login to post a reply