Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

Oil Price/Connacher & Algar

posted on May 29, 2009 11:15AM

The decision regarding the build out of Algar should be delayed for a short period of time. The reason is the ongoing potential for a "blow off" top in the price of oil with a potential that such would precipatate a crash in the US and subsequently the world economy. For added information regarding such a potential, I would reccomend the reading of "The Great Depression Ahead" by Harry S. Dent, Jr.

The premise of the book is that the world is in for an economic depression precipitated by a "blow off" top in oil which breaks the back of the US economy. As the US represents 50% of worldwide oil consumption, such would in turn lead to a collapse in the value of oil and would take the entire world into an economic depressionary state.

Frankly, I do not know whether such will come to pass or not. But, in my opinion, the potential is great enough and the potential consequences so dire, that any holding investments should for self protection and economic preservation become familiar with this book and its premise as well as methods of dealing with such a situation.

As for Connacher, the same applies. It is likely worth waiting for awhile to see if such a scenario develops. If it does not, all that is lost is a little time. If it does and one has gone forward with development, then one likely has corporate death due to expended financial resource concurrent with evaporation of demand for your product (oil).

Sorry to be such a bummer, but take time enough to be sure!

Brian

May 29, 2009 11:28AM
May 29, 2009 11:54AM
May 29, 2009 12:41PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply