Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

Robert Prechter has been one of the most successful advisors, investors and market advisers for well better than 30 years. So far, he called the market turns of the 80's 90's 2000s and so far both the collapse starting in 2007, the recovery since March and now his call on a depression event. An event which others I referenced in my earlier post concur.

Though I am glad you have stop losses under your shares, there are also ways of making money in a down market. Any interested could look into inverse ETF's. A mechanism enabling profiting in a down market without the totality of individual risk shorting individual stocks entails.

I make no recommendations. However, I also wish to keep all apprised to potentials, both negative and positive affecting their investments. From there it is up to each individual to draw conclusions predicated on their own research, conclusions and resultant actions. If any. The people I have referenced, have long records of being right on major market turns. As always, perfection in calling the exact given day is extremely difficult and subject to change. If you read the Dent call I posted, his scenario #2 so far fits what we are seeing. We shall see. However, having a contingency plan always is advisable so as prevent pain and open up consideration of alternative game plans. And such is my only intent!

Brian

New Message
Please login to post a reply