Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free
Aug 10, 2010 02:46PM

Aug 10, 2010 03:03PM

Aug 10, 2010 03:37PM

Aug 11, 2010 10:24AM

Aug 11, 2010 11:08AM

Aug 11, 2010 11:28AM

It sure is Brian.

We can only hope if we get a downturn in the markets it will not be a severe one.Some are predicting levels reached in 2008 .

Taking the Dow as example we can have some supports in short .First somewhere at 9600 then in the 8500 area.But let's wait what the coming weeks will do on the bourses.

Oil is falling too.Now at this moment just above 78 .It's like the devil playing a game on CLL.Everytime we expect some positive news there is fear in the market.If we can stay above 1.30 then the long time support trend is still ok.

I don't think oil will go below 60 again.Sometimes I do not what to think with all the artickles written about the economy and the countries situations.There was a huge debt situation in many countries all over the world so these losses had to be taken somewhere until all is written of.According to some analist the national banks are just paying time by refinancing etc.. but at some point the game is over and loss has to be taken.For investing in such situations on the stock market is a tricky play.Today I read that most citizins in Belgium are out of stocks and stock related products .Some took profits on latest spike to sell again and move towards safer investments .The strange thing here is that the saving frenzy since the crisis has now put us on the number one in Europe per family in terms of valuation of property and saving amount.That's maybe the reason the crisis is not visible here.

I also had put a stop on amount among investments in stocks and I stay that way though I sometime thought that there where good opportunities to make a quick move in stocks for a gain.

i have a double vision on CLL.THey have an opportunity to go up on longer term but because of the situation we are in now they can't afford no mistakes and they need some luck about an oil price above 60 for the rest to come.But I haven't heard yet no clear statement of management how they gonna fix the rest of their pods on financial terms.

Since my latest sell in april I had an average of 1.49 and at current levels CLL IMO is not a dangerous buying if all goes well but I don't trust their way of financing anymore since we had that dillution affaire with Algar .I think that's hanging also over that stock .Supposing the stock goes up to some point if Algar has done well and then all of the sudden they come along again predicting anothet dillution for the rest of their pods financing issue then we are taken again by our balls.If we have a clue for that then the mist around this stock is fading away and future is more clear then i would feel better.

Aug 11, 2010 09:19PM
Aug 12, 2010 03:24AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply