Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free
Aug 10, 2010 02:46PM

Aug 10, 2010 03:03PM

Aug 10, 2010 03:37PM

Aug 11, 2010 10:24AM

Aug 11, 2010 11:08AM

Aug 11, 2010 11:28AM

Aug 11, 2010 12:02PM
Aug 11, 2010 09:19PM

numerous periodic power outages and pump failures, some of which were a result of the unreliable power supply in the region.

Can someone confirm this who lives in the region?Is it a combination of regional power supply and also something with liabillity of the ESP pumps or operation management?

Improved power reliability overall for Connacher will be aided by the startup of our cogeneration facility at Algar and by the anticipated completion, in spring 2011, of a regional electrical substation which will service Pod One.

We have lowered our anticipated full year estimates for bitumen production due to the impact of these exogenous factors on our actual first half 2010 results. This is described in greater detail in our Management's Discussion and Analysis for the reporting period.

Where can we found this Management's Discussion and Analysis.

Reading trough writings on both boards including SH most people are upset and think they lie again by hiding them after the power problems but I think it's hard to figure out if this is true.These problems could be solved and according to what they write if they haven't had these power problems output probably was higher.So maybe part of this problems are not their operation mistakes.With their loss in credibillity since the crisis it's hard to figure out what the exact reason is

Reaction today in combination with the drop yesterday in the market could result in a downwards move.The most important level now is 1.30 to stand on the other hand our long term support is gone.At least it's not all bad for next Q to come.If I read it correctly Algar has started for production on August 4.So it would be rare if Q 3 will show same production we have now + for MRC they were positive too.Like they wrote We continue to focus on reliability as an operational objective, as it is important to produce and inject steam on a consistent basis and frequent power outages have upset this quotient.If these are problems from outside they can occur again or they fixed something to provide to deal with it to bring damage to a minimum.

I think nobody has thought we will achieve 20.000 bpd next year but I hold it on 10.000 to 12.000 by end this and 15.000 for next mid 2011.

New Message
Please login to post a reply