Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

Hi Brian,

You nailed it it by rhetorically asking whethere CLL will survie to see the light of the day.

We in the west are lucky that China, Inida, Indonesia, Malasia and even Africa, some parts of it anyways are booming during the bust in Europe and USA and canada, and they are helping with the increase of oil prices. But CLL has not done its soul searching yet, I believe. But we have to keep in mind that we may go to a balancing act interms of dependency of oil with the advent of Electrical Cars, wind and solar power for our energy needs and there is a chance we may will avoid going back to the stone age, biut oil has atleast 2 decades of run not linearly ofcourse).

One issue am not clear is, how big is the light oil that cll is drlling 3 wells for in Alberta?

Does Cll has the resources to produce 12,000 bbl/day of Light oil, even half of this, then why not devlop that instead of obsessing with oil sands. I rem managment making, " It is all about the oil sands" their slogan a couple of years back. With the current oil prices,light oil can generate cash. But does cll have the potential ( and by potential I mean, the reserves to produce light oil in Canada)?

thanks

Belive

New Message
Please login to post a reply