Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

1. Thanks Sharky for your post and Spidy for your comments.

I know that this is a political and 'touchy subject" but I think Sharkys intention was to point out that without cuts and the increasing revenue (cutting the tax loop-holes and selective increase of taxes) the balanced budget is not mathematically possible.

This is simple matter of numbers. Even if GDP grows by 3% to 5% balanced budget and debt reduction is not possible. In next 10 years the US debt will growth to $25 trillions.

2. The same apply to CLL. They are not generating any free cash flow to invest in meaningful increase in production. This is one of the main reason that CLL SP is going nowhere.

Today volumes is very interesting. RJ is responsible for more then 75% of trading activities, including two blocks of 1.1 million and 0.75 million shares. It was not a short covering because CLL had just above 800k short shares. My guess is that RJ knew about today`s news.

Today news is a good news because the only way the production will growth from this stagnant level of ~14,000bbl/d is major capital injection. Hopefully they will find crazy investor with deep packet who will rescue CLL shareholders from the misery. Preferably they should shake up the management as a condition of JV agreement.

New Message
Please login to post a reply