Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free

Thanks for the feedback. I should clarify something - I meant skilled labour when I was referring to a labour shortage. By this I mean tradesmen that hold a valid certificate of qualification i.e. electrician, welder, pipefitter, rigger etc. These are all examples of labour that is in very short supply and projected to be in short supply for the coming years. These are also the types of jobs that are intrinsic to mine start ups and the costs associated with them. So, yes there would be barriers such as entry from other countries and trade qualifications. Unemployment and underemployment rates here in Canada are also quite high but I believe in the construction sector which directly affects a mine startup it is quite low in comparison.

In my experience, you cannot hire just anyone to perform this type of work and expect it to be executed without additional cost. If one looks at the Alberta Tar Sands for example, it is a very good demonstration that they have challenges in recruitment and retainment before and during the life of the Project. Most of these producers in that region will cite this as one of the largest hurdles to controlling costs and more importantly completing the project on time. To me it is a good comparison because their open pit operations are quite similar to the open pit operation being proposed for CUU in its initial stages.

At the end of the day, I am not sure it may matter at all because as one poster who responded to my original question noted that once the mine goes into production it may mitigate the potential for cost overruns during the building and startup. I was just trying to get a feel for how or if this sort of thingis factored into or may affect the mine startup cost calculation or the share price when it comes time for a buyout.

GLTA - the best is yet to come with this stock!

New Message
Please login to post a reply