Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free

Was thinking over why there would be a delay in Teck making announcing a decision when it struck me the answer is pretty obvious.

One only needs to look Southwest of Schaft Creek to Galore where Teck has spent probably 2 billion on a project that failed to make it into production. I have heard all kinds of reasons why Galore went over budget and had the plug pulled but I think it suffices to say that the original plan for the project was not realistic and workable.

Teck will not make that mistake again. You can bet they will be fully understanding of the plan for Schaft Creek before committing any money to the project. I would surmise the longer it takes for Teck to reach a decsion, the greater the likelyhood Teck intends on executing their maximum back-in rights.

I say this based on Teck having to take the project into production and find financing for CFs contribution. This makes it a far larger then 340 million dollar investment. It makes it a multi billion dollar investment and they will become the operator. Teck will not want to inherit any problems from poor planning and should will need to completely understand every aspect of the development plan. 120 days of due dillegence is a pretty short period of time to complete this in my opinion as there are an enormous amount of details to go over.

If I were a Teck shareholder I would expect my managers to go over every detail possible before commiting to spending billions of dollars and I wouldn't care about timelines. If I were rushed by timelines I would balk as it would be an indication that maybe something isn't right. It would make me more careful and ask more questions.

Jun 17, 2013 04:42PM
Jun 17, 2013 04:44PM
Jun 17, 2013 05:36PM
Jun 18, 2013 09:19AM
Jun 18, 2013 10:44AM
Jun 19, 2013 12:26AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply