Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free

Well, I guess BC just moved up a notch despite their new rules.

The Mayor of a town near the Las Bambas mine in Peru has just been shot and killed. He was making demands of the mining industry just before being shot. People are getting upset and suggested that the Mayor was shot because of negotiations for job opportunities, etc. within the mine.

Las Bambas was the mine that sold to the Chinese conglomerate last year, after Teck formed a consortium and put in a failed bid. It is supposed to open in 2016 and produce 450K tonnes of copper per year.

I wonder if there will be a delay now because there was already some unrest surrounding the mine, and this is going to be like a powder keg. Apparently in February some protestors kidnapped some of the miners.

Mining seems like a tough way to make money. There are so many pitfalls and so much money has to be paid up front. It's a wonder anyone makes a go of it.

New Message
Please login to post a reply