Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free

The Province has met with "all the [mining] companies operating in BC" and their options to ease the burden with this downturn in commodity pricing so that they avoid mine closures and layoffs.

Some of the options they are looking at include deferrals for payments of utility bills and delayed payments on taxes. They are looking at loans rather than subsidies or grants. (Personally it wouldn't surprise me if they were looking for ways to hide the fact they're cutting prices to business.)

Apparently they will firm up their plans by mid-January.

They are talking about existing mines but they must have also discussed some of those 8 projects that they promoted during the last election and the reason they built the NTL in the first place. SC must already have their quotes from BC Hydro but this seems to indicate that they would be willing to wait for payment.

I doubt it would be enough to tip the balance in our favour with the production decision but every little bit helps.

http://www.timescolonist.com/business/b-c-mulls-rescue-as-miners-struggle-1.2143307

New Message
Please login to post a reply