Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free
Message: New Mining Laws will not Impact Crystallex - June 14/06

As far as the support level goes, I am looking at the TSX chart which shows a solid bounce off of the $1.50 level in Oct.- Nov 05.  You are right that, because of currency fluctuations, this shows up as $1.30 -1.40 on the amex chart.

As far as the contract goes, it says that KRY gets to extract the gold, sell it, and pay VZ various single digit percentages based on the POG. I am thinking (fearing is more like it) that the new JV deals or operating contracts or whatever won't be anywhere near as generous as that. If there's one thing we can say for certain, its that hugo won't give anyone anymore than he absolutely has to.

KRY has a valid contract and VZ says they respect the law and private property etc. We have to hope that that is indeed the case and that the Las Cristinas project will go ahead as planned. Alternatively, if there is a renogiation, hopefully we won't get completely shafted.

We are also still stuck with the fact that KRY has to sell its gold production to VZ at artificially low prices. Hugo would have to be on more than just coca leaves before he changes that and lets people sell the gold in the international market and pocket the money. I am not sure if that issue is covered in the contract or if it could be interpreted as a violation of the intent and or spirit of the contract.

Given that more shares trade on  amex, I hope we are not heading to the $1.30 support level. Ouch!

New Message
Please login to post a reply