Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

"I am watching the news headlines to figure where KRY and GRZ lie in terms of Sanz priorities. Since we have not been mention yet, I think things are looking good for the two mining companines. I would imagine that we maybe seeing some news very soon, with the speed Sanz has been moving. Maybe the second or third week in May."

Group,

I concur with you KRY will probably hear some positive news in May and here are some of the reasons why-

If my recollection serves me well, to date KRY has jumped thru all the hoops. The Company holds the preferred land status title by the Ven Govnt, that being an operating contractor over a concession holder. I also believe KRY was referred to as the "model" gold mining company who could expect to receive additional gold mining land base from concession pull backs. The Ven Govnt knows KRY, they have been in their country producing gold for 10+ yrs with a proven track record. The Company has spent US$190M in the Ven social programs. A number of local infrastructure construction projects have been completed, including:

• Thirty new homes were constructed for local residents.
  • Built and installed three new water treatment plants, inclusive of reticulation.
  • Built and installed two new sewage treatment plants and related sewerage network.
  • Upgraded and paved local community roads.
  • Continuing with the upgrading of the local medical centre and supplying of medicines on a monthly basis.
  • Providing ongoing job training programs to small miners' associations.
  • Sponsoring training programs to local communities.
  • Established government anti-malaria facility at site.

In addition, the Company employs over 125 local residents and is providing ongoing programs for technical assistance training and the Company is also funding and administering a scholastic scholarship program.

On January 26, 2004, the mayor of the Municipality of Sifontes and the Governor of Bolivar State presented Crystallex and the Las Cristinas Project with the “Orden (Order of) General Dimingos Sifontes – Primera Clase”. This annual award is the highest award bestowed by the Municipality and recognizes Crystallex’s contribution to the Municipality and its residents.

Mining equipment has been purchased, is docked and ready to set sail. SNC Lavilin the Engineering firm is being held on a retainer to construct the processing plant at the drop of a hat. Need I say more.

It took Sanz two months to sort out the steel/aluminum issues in Ven and I believe once he gets thru dealing with the gold mining concerns, announcements/approvals for KRY&GRZ will be fast and furious.

Next week, on Wed Sanz is in the town of Icabaru meeting with the miners regarding the impacts of gold mining on a fragile, ecological environment, while on Thurs Sanz is covering off mining reconversion concerns with the miners in Paragua.

This is a man on a mission, who is not going to let up until he has heard all the miners concerns so he can make rash decisions on the future gold mining industry for Ven. He is only into week two and he has already made some key decisions - just ask Hecla.

If we don't get approval in May it definitely will be in June before Chavez's "Special Powers" expire. Good luck to all Longs!

New Message
Please login to post a reply