Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

backtokry

posted on May 27, 2009 10:54AM

I won't answer for dlbehrnsbut I think you are jumping the gun. You ask "why would you want them to wait some more?" Here is what I think.

Everyone is basing their need for action on the 28th on KRY not getting the permit or a new deal. No one has seen anything official from VZ that says Kry won't be mining LC. All we have seen is media reports like the one the other day saying VZ was not extending the concession for LB only to find out VZ was talking about a small concession that was being used for infrastructure.

You can pick out many conflicting media statements by Hugo and Sanz. You have Hugo saying RML will be mining LC and Sanz saying RML won't be mining LC. You have Agapov backing Sanz statement saying RML won't be mining LC. Don't believe what you read or hear unless it is an official document and even then it can change quickly like the ban on open pit mining.

Why wait? How about what we don't know.

If Kry files for arbitration then we know they have exhausted negotiation and will use arbitration to either settle or take it the distance. If Kry doesn't file for arbitration immediately then my guess is that there are things that we don't know such as:

A JV with VZ or whom ever.

A buyout by whom ever.

A permit to start construction.

We don't know if Grz is the hold up for Kry or not. We don't know wht we haven't got the permit other than media speculation that the Russians are going to mine it.

What do we know? We know that we have complied with the terms of our MOA and we are in good standing. We know that we have a pretty solid case if we go to arbitration. We know that we have waited for the permit for a long time and we're frustrated.

I've been invested in KRY a long time and ridden the up and downs like everyone else. At this late stage of the game to panic and demand filing for arbitration on Friday or Monday because we don't want to wait anymore isn't the answer. We aren't in the negotiation room to see and feel what is really happening. KRY could quite possibly already the final outcome but just can't release the information yet.

I'm all for arbitration if it comes to that and I think we will win hands down. I also think that Kry management should be the ones making the decision when to file if we need to since they have the real story and know what is true and what isn't. I know you have heard it a million times but in the end patience will win out.

JJ

May 27, 2009 11:40AM
May 27, 2009 11:56AM
May 27, 2009 12:47PM
May 27, 2009 12:53PM
May 27, 2009 01:02PM
May 27, 2009 01:25PM
May 27, 2009 04:44PM
May 27, 2009 05:27PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply