Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

i've missed out on deals for exactly that reason...too damn cheap....

Until my last trade I always had this sense of urgency to "get all in" feeling that I would miss the elevator ride to the top (on sudden news) by not aggressively establishing my position. I used this losing strategy to buy more all the way down from 4.5. In my last big trade I sold all my AUY and MFN (stocks that have actually made money and the proceeds of which I use to help pay bills) to go all in on KRY back before we made the jump from .25 to .40. Of course....I changed my trading strategy with the wisdom of hindsight and convinced myself to be a disciplined investor by waiting for the price to drop from .24 to .22. "Chill and it will Fill" being my new market savvy investment philosophy. Within days our shareprice jumped instantly to .45. I managed to finally "catch it" and get all in at an average of .39. I missed out on a $45,000 gain and promptly began losing money on my new position. Of course my AUY and MFN rose significantly as well right after this shrewd trade since the Indian gold purchase occured on the same day I sold. So what is the moral of this story?

I am probably the perfect example of a retail trader being played by the smart money. Perhaps the recent jump in shareprice was orchestrated by someone trying to escape a big long position who figured they could play on the hopes of the retail investor and then gradually unwind their position. Who knows. Maybe I just have bad luck. My guess is that our shareprice will continue to drift down. Perhaps we need to recalibrate our KRY investment timeframe to decades from years.

New Message
Please login to post a reply