Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

...are upset again..threatening to "close the trunk", want jobs, can't feed their children....blah dee F'n Blah dee blah blah blah. Whiners.

Mineros de El Callao launch ultimatum
Saturday, August 28, 2010

Moments when they were evicted miners in the mine-face Tomi.El Callao. what appears to be a new conflict began, hundreds of miners gathered in the morning and afternoon yesterday to the Plaza Bolivar of El Callao, where they prepared strategies and protested the measure that prohibits Tomi enter the mine after the collapse occurred on the night of Monday, which had the fatal outcome six miners dead and three wounded. The small-scale mining workers from the municipalities Roscio, El Callao and Sifontes, explained that they have about five months working in the area of the mine Fosforito Tomi, and while acknowledging the losses of their fellow workers, tried to see economic needs they suffer by not having any food to bring their families, especially the children who depend on them.

They said they were in Puerto Ordaz and raising the issue and also met with the president of CVG-Minerven, Luis Herrera Mendoza, who said they would request the authorities of the Ministry of Basic Industries and Mines and the Corporacion Venezolana de Guayana .
But it also showed a bit impatient with the passage of days and poses no solution and are denied access to the mine, which is guarded by guards of the company, but also staff PEB, GNB and army.

They were willing to obey and comply with security measures in the areas where they are permitted to work, but require a positive response in the next few hours, since otherwise threaten to take decisive action and close the trunk 10 to block entry Minerven the company.

As already are communicating with miners in El Dorado and Las Claritas-Km. 88, in order to make a human body could reach a few thousand people who depend on mining activities in southern Bolivar state.

They justified their actions to the lack of sources of employment in the south of the state, so said that more than three thousand miners depend on work in the Tomi Mine, where the fatal events occurred last Monday.

They advocated the creation of jobs, considering that unemployment is rampant in the area and are not willing to steal to put food on their children, but instead they want to work in dignity and security measures they can provide the national government.

"We want to restore the mine to work"

The miner Francisco Guevara, explained that the miners' movement has no leaders, adding that they are willing to organize so they can work some ten thousand people, ensuring that about three thousand people were working in the area of the mine Fosforito Tomi.

"What we want is to recover Fosforito mine where we were evicted, we are clear that there was an accident which killed six of our fellow workers, who were motivated to collapse, but we want to let us work there. Since we met Minerven president Luis Herrera, who told us to work there had to have the security necessary to protect our lives, well organized, but would have to make the necessary consultations in the upper levels of government " said Guevara.

He said the miners' leader asked him the highest authority of the company that owns the concession that the support with the necessary machinery to bring down the heavens open hills that are in place.

In addition to technical advice for working with the security required and the organization and at all times to deny the entry of alcohol or firearms to the place, so it is unwilling to comply with the guidelines and directives of the national government but call for an early settlement because they are unable to take food to their homes.

We need a source of jobs

For its part Maglis Rios, explained that these are miners of the mine Tomi, who need to work.

"We have more than five months working there, what I call the minister and the president Mibam Minerven to advocate to create jobs, because we must be clear that the area is too much unemployment and if we respond, we will be sitting in the plaza, watching the faces, to die of hunger, because we are fathers and mothers we have to bring sustenance to our homes, "he said Rios.

Yoscaba Vargas, mining and municipal council spokesman "Cabeza Mala" in Roscio, he called on the federal government, state and municipal as well as Minerva, to make them aware and intervene in the matter, ensuring that they are also revolutionary and need work because they are unemployed.

"Today we snatched this piece of land and take us out like animals, so we demand that we take into account, you are our leaders and we will bring those charges, which can not forget, let us work to reactivate the device productive and giving life to all the peoples of the south, "said Vargas.

Possible closure of the highway

"If we do not get hit in the coming hours we are ready to tougher action, with the closure of the highway or taking the gate of the entrance to Minerven, to make us listen, so we need to work longer and not after 26 September. We are calling on our brothers in El Dorado and Las Claritas-Km. 88 not to support in this struggle that the three municipalities southern brethren, Roscius, El Callao and Sifontes, "said Vargas.

New Message
Please login to post a reply