Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free
Message: Response from the Canadian Strategic Trade Relations Office

I have received a response to my email to the Canadian International Trade Relations office, which I have copied below for your information. Not to much information is provided, or any specific governmental action is mentioned, however they are aware and "disappointed". Crystallex has apparently been in communications with the Canadian embassy in Venezuela for some time.

IShep

Thank you for your email correspondence of February 9 which has been referred to me by the legal branch of the Department for reply. We have been following the Crystallex issue closely for some time, and our Embassy in Caracas has been in ongoing discussion with the company. We are very disappointed by the decision that has been taken by the Venezuelan Government. Under the circumstances, the company may wish to consider exercising its rights to seek redress under the bilateral Foreign Investment Promotion and Protection agreement, which has been in force between Canada and Venezuela since 1998.

Yours sincerely

Robert Shaw-Wood

Strategic Trade Relations with Latin America and the Caribbean

New Message
Please login to post a reply