Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free
Sep 10, 2011 02:53PM
Sep 10, 2011 06:56PM
Sep 10, 2011 07:24PM

I second that! Proud to be your neighbour USA!

I got an awakening perspective of what is behind American patriotism a few years back at a car show. There was an early 80's Chevy blazer on display that was nothing outstanding as far as the vehicle was concerned, just a nicely outfitted Blazer. What stood out was what the rig was representing. There were emblems and decals of the American flag, Military oriented stickers and flags. Not overly done, but prominent and message intended.

I got talking to the fellow that was sitting with it. The first thing he did was stand up and shake my hand. He was a big man. I'm 6'2 and he stood out when he stood up. He had a rough appearance but had a smile and demeanor that over rode that. I started asking him about his truck and general chatter and things turned to the theme of his vehicle that was military oriented. Turns out the man was a VietNam vet and during the course of conversation I learned a great deal by him actually not revealing a whole lot.

I was curious about what the fellow had to relate but when i asked a few questions that went a little too deep i could tell he had been put hrough hell, He vaguely touched on some things that were very violent and disturbing and didn't want to elaborate on. The guy wanted to talk about his daughter and her life and where he lived and what he wanted to do to help the best he could to move forward. His daughter was a big factor in his life. It was clear he was a hurting man from his experience in VietNam. The man has lost out on a lot of things because of some of the experiences he had and the results of them. He related some things that were shoved upon him that should have never been.

But you know what stood out to me? He NEVER ONCE dissed his country or Government, though I'm sure ther are many arguements to support doing so. He was one proud Dude of his country and proud to serve it. That was made clear, and there was no way I was going to argue against that, or wanted to. It was an eye opener. Yes there are problems and things that need fixing as elsewhere in the world but the bottom line of keeping country and values intact are paramount.

I came away with a great respect for this man and those that have served and maintained this patriotism and freedom. This is what drive the reverence behind the 9.11 tragedy and should never be forgotten.

I don't diminish at all the Canadian troops and Military involvement in the struggle for a more civil world. Tragedy has affected all those that care.

Sep 12, 2011 08:27AM

Sep 12, 2011 03:41PM
Sep 12, 2011 05:29PM
Sep 12, 2011 09:15PM
Sep 12, 2011 09:57PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply