Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free
Nov 26, 2012 08:39AM

Nov 26, 2012 09:51PM
Nov 26, 2012 09:55PM
Nov 27, 2012 11:02AM

Nov 27, 2012 11:59AM

Sorry to bring a dose of reality into the conversation....again....but, just for a moment, let's forget about the legality of things since Chavez has never care anything about doing what is legal; certainly not in the eyes of international financial community.

I've been reading a lot of speculation on this forum about how KRY suckholders like us would get paid if the World Bank Court rules in our favor even if Chavez wants out of the World Bank because it's unfair and run by the stinky capitalist yankees.

It seems to me the current mind-set here on this forum is that if Chavez refused to pay us other countries in the World Bank would be forced to redirect money owed to Chavez and give it to the World Bank that would then give that money to KRY in order to pay the court settlement.

Question: Have we seen any credible historical evidence that his has happenend in the past where one country paid off the debt of another country with oil money originally owed to the trangressor?

Second question: (Let's assume we get a settlement that Chavez doesn't want to pay. And the World Bank says to Country "A": Hey you owe x million dollars to Chavez for cheap oil. Don't send that money to him, send it to us instead so that we can give it KRY.) What's to stop Chavez from saying to Country A, "If you do what the World Bank wants and don't give us the money owed for our cheap oil, we will never sell you another drop of oil?

Still waiting for the return of my investment......

Cividale

Nov 27, 2012 12:52PM
Nov 27, 2012 05:02PM
Nov 27, 2012 06:35PM
Nov 27, 2012 11:21PM
Nov 28, 2012 12:15AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply