Welcome to the Equinox Gold Hub On AGORACOM

Free

We have our own lab!!

posted on Apr 10, 2010 02:19PM

This is from www.stockigloo.com

``The onsite assay lab is now fully operational and will be essential to ensure that accurate and timely sampling from the mine stope development continues without delay, and will also play a key role in ensuring assays are received from the drill program.``

I remember reading in the Lamaque 43-101 tech rpt that our assay lab can handle 600 assay samples per day. I don`t know what a good size number would be. Nonetheless, I believe 600 sounds like a reasonable number.

I think the accomplishment highlighted on the NR is a very important step, on perhaps 3 different fronts (off the top of my head):

1) Having an in-house lab to provide quick results of assay samples while they are in the middle of developing the mining stopes is crucial. Developing the mining areas precisely, and gathering as much info for the mining crews, in advance of mining the newly developed areas is essential.

2) Using the in-house assay lab to get back quick assay results will be vital to our exploration programs. We can take the new (quickly returned) drilled data and quickly adjust the drill targets to reflect more accurate info. This could save costs and also lead to a more successful drill program.

3) Having an in-house assay lab will be one of many synergestic advantages that Century will be able to highlight during M&A discussions later in this year.

Glorieux

New Message
Please login to post a reply