Welcome to the Equinox Gold Hub On AGORACOM

Free

1. In case you missed it the Poison Pill obligates CMM to pay WTG $13.5 M in certain circumstances including:

- CMM's approval, recommending or accepting a "superior offer"

- CMM's not delivering to WTG by March 25 consent by the Deutsche Bank to the business combination

- CMM not entering into the arranged aggreement

- CMM not repaying the bridge loans

2. Normally a Poison Pill is adopted by the BoD of a company in advance of a takeover not by the company during the negotiations with a company for a takeover. I question the legality of such a move.

3. Seeing as Finisky was in control of the BoD of both Companys this Poison Pill seems to be at the very least a conflict of interest. As CEO of CMM Finisky has approved a payment to himself as CEO of WTG?

4. I agree with carry that all of the major gold producers will be looking very closely at this merger and will determine if they want to get into a bidding war for CMM. I will be surprised if one of the producers in the Val d'Or area or Timmins does not make a counter offer. I suspect they will challenge the Poison Pill. With the price of Gold likely to be well over $2000/oz, all the producers will be looking to increase production and Lemaque is a highly valued asset.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone with legal experience with respect to such "termination payments" and thoughts on the conflict of interest aspect of all of this.

SN

New Message
Please login to post a reply