Welcome to the Equinox Gold Hub On AGORACOM

Free

Hi again Carib ...

I'm not trying to "shill" for CMM here ... just trying to clear up in my own mind the accuracy of some of the claims people have made on these boards. Although whenever I do, it seems I offend someone who rates me lower and reduces my points score. The price I pay for being naturally and honestly inquisitive. :-(

Anyway ... I would have to think that the Canadian Business Corporations Act or some related document must make some sort of allowance, a grace period if you like, that applies when a Canadian director leaves or dies unexpectedly or even just on short notice, during which time it is okay for a company to have less than the normally required 25% Canadian content. E.g., from the time of departure until the next annual shareholders meeting, for example? Or something like that. Because it is obvious that this type of situation will inevitably occur from time to time, and there must be some mechanism to allow for temporary deviations from the normal rule.

I'm also wondering how certain we are about the residency of some of the "foreign" directors. I believe the U.S. and Britain both allow joint citizenship or residency with Canada. Are we so certain that one of these "foreigners" does not have some sort of dual status?

New Message
Please login to post a reply