Welcome to the Equinox Gold Hub On AGORACOM

Free

Like to other commodities, gold saw a major selloff in the last few days. While the long term value of gold is undeniable, greed has been replaced with fear in the markets right now. With CMM now trading at $0.355, is this the perfect storm for a vulture like Finskiy and friends to pick off CMM from weak hands for next to nothing?

Finskiy obviously lit his own tail on fire with a stupid merger offer. However, he could certainly stomp out that fire by scrapping the merger idea, and instead, use a takeover bid to buyout as many shares in the open market as he could. Certainly, investors are more likely now to tender to the bid given the uncertain gold environment and CMM's plunging share price.

If Finskiy decides on the takeover route, I really wonder how strong our hands are. I know united we stand... but if we get a cash offer of $0.65, I really worry that half of our 80 million shares will tender, and thus, significantly lessen our bargaining position. I personally think a $0.65 offer is a slap in the face... but if a $0.80 offer comes in, even I might consider tendering.

Protecting ourselves from an oppresive merger agreement should not be too difficult... but how do we protect ourselves from a predatory takeover bid?

This gold selloff is coming at a very inopportune time.

New Message
Please login to post a reply