Welcome to the Equinox Gold Hub On AGORACOM

Free
Message: Equinox Gold Says Mining Activities At Los Filos Mine To Remain Suspended Through May 30

2020-04-29 07:02:23 AM ET (MT Newswires)

07:02 AM EDT, 04/29/2020 (MT Newswires) -- Equinox Gold (EQX) announced Tuesday the extended suspension of mining activities at its Los Filos Mine in Mexico's Guerrero state until May 30, in compliance with a government order intended to curb the COVID-19 pandemic.

According to the gold miner, the Mexican government could allow certain business operations to resume as early as May 18 "in areas with low or no cases of COVID-19." Equinox said it has continued processing solution from the Los Filos heap leach pads and is producing gold at a reduced level even with the mine under temporary suspension.

Meanwhile, the company said its Pilar mine in Brazil is ramping up to full operations following the government-mandated suspension, and that its other mines are operating normally but with COVID-19 safety measures. Equinox, however, still warned that it remains unable to estimate the pandemic's potential impact on its fiscal 2020 guidance.

Price: 8.45, Change: +0.07, Percent Change: +0.84

New Message
Please login to post a reply