Welcome To The FuelPositive Company HUB On AGORACOM

Free
Message: Picoahole tells Dr. Copper "believe what you want to"

Picoahole's firemen buddies must be happy they invested in EEScam based on Picoahole's suggestion, hahaha!!! 

Hope you suckers also didn't invest in the PLI SCAM, hehehe. 

From the good old days @ Slack EEScam La La Land:

4/4/17 Copper wrote 4/4/17 8:36 a.m. Matrixman, I applaud your efforts to understand the science behind this. You're doing great! Let me weigh in on what I think is going on. I'm always a bit reluctant to do so on this forum because that kind of thing isn't always welcome but here goes. Based on publicly-released 3rd part testing I believe what they have as their "cmbt" is a run-of-the-mill ferroelectric material. You can get k = 20,000 without too much trouble that way and, when mixed as a powder with polymer, you would expect k in the tens. There is a pervasive error going around here that having k = 16,000 at high voltage means it's paraelectric. It's not the voltage that counts, its the voltage gradient, the voltage divided by thickness. So with a 4.66 mm thick sample (4,660 microns) 500 volts is only 0.11 V/micron which is next to nothing. I think they'll find a very different result if they try to put this 500 V over 70 microns. If it's ferro they will see a vast drop in k at this voltage gradient (7.1 V/micron, which it should tolerate). I note that they measured k at very low voltage gradient and are just assuming that this will hold at a much higher gradient and that's something that needs to be proven. I bet it won't. https://eestor.slack.com/archives/C14UJG00N/p1491395776843795

Picoman wrote 8:51 a.m. @copper, 'run-of-the-mill ferroelectric'. Really? okay. You are not saying it is, just what you believe. Fair enough. And the recent puck doesn't disprove that, because of low v/um. The drop in k to 30 with 80% cmbt in their hv caps would be true due to bruggeman with para or ferro material. The Dr. Golla tests showing constant K around 22,000 over frequency and temperature does show paraelectric. The constant K (though only 30) at >40V/um in the high voltage caps does show paraelectric. The xrd showed "The XRD pattern shows cubic BaTiO3 at room temperature. " But okay. believe what you want to.

Copper wrote 8:52 a.m. They don't give the volume of the parts (that I saw) but you can get a clue to the ED. For part 7 the capacitance is 4.04 nF so (1/2)(4.04e-9)(500^2) = 5.1e-4 J = 1.4e-7 Wh. Without the part's volume we can't get straight to ED but, for comparison, a D cell battery has 9.56 Wh of energy so it would take 68 million of these parts to have the same energy as one D cell. Check my math but I think that's right.

New Message
Please login to post a reply