Developing Bellechasse-­Timmins Gold Deposit

New Discovery Resulting in a 20KM Mineralized Gold Belt

Free
Message: Re: Some light weekend reading - "Gold mines of Beauce"-Bratty

Hey Brad- Finding that gem of a book was just one part of a domestically challenging and yet scholastically rewarding journey for me today.

I started the day trying to figure out whether one of those handheld X-ray fluorescence spectrometer devices would be capable of accurately analyzing Au levels in our GNH core samples (I know a couple of sales reps in that field who may be able to get me a demonstration model if I could make a good enough case for it). This led to a 4 hr review of of quantum theory - which I really needed because I quickly realized I didn't really appreciate its nuances the first time around. Just as I was starting to get the gist of it, my oldest boy dropped my youngest on his head. Note to self :" Quantum Theory and babysitting do not mix - unless, of course, you are Douglas Adams" .

At this stage, after several icepacks and much soothing of the younger lad, I realized that I would need to find something a little less engrossing for the afternoon. I began to search for articles that described the geologic genesis of the mineralized regions of the Beauce. At the cocktail reception I remembered Tilsley speaking of a "rift" that extended from Newfoundland, through the Beauce and into Georgia. I typed "rift and Beauce" and found links and articles related to the Iapetan rift, one step in the creation of the Appelachian mountains and mineralization in the Beauce. It turns out that this may be even more complicated than quantum physics - there were apparently no less than eight separate geologic events that contributed to the mineralization of this region at various stages in the earth's history. More on this later .... hopefully after I can get some tutelage from the real experts like Tilsley.

Research in this area led me to the book I shared with you today. The essence of the book is that there is "huge potential" in this region for future gold discovery. The author, in the final paragraph infers that this region could become the next treasury of Canada (remember its 1881 so a measure of perspective is needed). That said, the author explains how most of the previous attempts to explore this region suffered bad fortune of one type or another and how the real potential of this region lay within the quartz veins rather than the alluvial (river bed) deposits where most of the previous work had been focused. They also mention the challenges associated with the nuggety nature of the gold in this region - sound familiar anyone?

That's it for now - I want to catch the end of the Detroit/San Jose game.

Best,

Scott

New Message
Please login to post a reply