Welcome To The Golden Minerals HUB On AGORACOM

Golden Minerals is a junior silver producer with a strong growth profile, listed on both the NYSE Amex and TSX.

Free

freedom to express all points of view

posted on May 24, 2009 07:54PM

I dont think we all need to get our feathers ruffled everytime somebody comes up out of the woodwork with an opinion that we do not happen to agree with. A forum is only worth reading if all points of view can be expressed. I often find posts that are deleted and wonder what the hell they were saying that got them removed. I am a big boy and can sift through the nonsense very quickly if someone is out to pull a scam.

This clown Otto has been malicious in his commentary about ECU in the past. His most recent efforts are pretty lame too. Why not just let everyone see that silly bash for what it is, debunk the conclusions he has reached, and end up further ahead?

The idea that ECU is not going to earn a profit, which seems to be the main point of his angst, is laughable. Hello!!! ECU is a development play, and they have many millions of dollars more in exploration work to define the ultimate potential of this deposit. The objective of establishing production at the new mill is to generate strong cash flow with the lowest cost processing options in place. And that is exactly what the company is achieving, and the point of the last press release. It is also in line with the communication from management, if anyone bothers to listen. This operation is to fund the ongoing drilling and exploration, so that the company is not required to do dilutive financings every few quarters.

The payoff for shareholders is not going to come from demonstrating a few cents per share of net earnings. The payoff will be from the ownership of a large resource that is worthy of a major development to build one of the biggest mines in Mexico.

For a recent example of this strategy, look up the history of Western Copper/Western Silver, and the many years it took to define the big deposit that is now being developed by Goldcorp at Penasiquito. Look up the share price appreciation while you are at it. And keep in mind that Western Silver never had positive cash flow from operations to fund their development.

There are always going to be little creeps like this Otto character out there. The agenda is pretty obvious and the timing of his latest bash in the midst of a nice run for ECU is also pretty obvious. The idea that this is somehow related to a pump-and-dump scam is also obnoxious and unfounded.

Let anyone and everyone post their opinion here, but lets also keep in mind we have the right to rebuttle and can judge the merits on any commentary as adults. Compare that to some of the idiots that appear on CNBC everyday with ridiculous points of view that are never challenged and we cannot debate them or expose their agenda. That is the power of Agoracom and why I consider it to be one of the best forums on the net.

cheers!

mike

New Message
Please login to post a reply