Welcome To The Golden Minerals HUB On AGORACOM

Golden Minerals is a junior silver producer with a strong growth profile, listed on both the NYSE Amex and TSX.

Free

Heretical thoughts....

posted on Jan 18, 2010 04:07PM

I have just been listening to a national Canadian radio show soliciting funds for the horrendous plight of the Haitian people. It goes without saying that we are all in agreement that we should, as a people and individually, try to donate whatever we can to ease thsi suffering and help to rebuild their devastated nation. A handful of charity organizations have bee suggested as legitimate one that guarantees your donations go directly to the cause, such as the Red Cross, Salvation Army and a few others. Of course there will be many suspect charities that will have as their motivation a profit motive in mind that can reap/skim off anywhere from 20% to 70% of the funds for their own rewards. All that is a given.

I must admit though that a few questions have popped to the forefront of my curiosity, instilled by the years of corruption and lack of trust in those whom we should trust...such as the usual culprits; banks, intermediaries and politicians...retired or otherwise. Katrina comes to mind...along with all the bonuses on Wall St. (not to single them out though as there are other banks out there). Hey, just part of the $3 billion bonuses just handed out could do as lot of miraculous good for the Haitians. But I digress and wonder about other things.

Who are the bankers of all the billions of dollars now gushing into the "financial piping system" of Haitian relief cause?..for both the legitimate and other charities. Who monitors and tracks all of the financial routing/transactions? How long do they hold the funds? Are there suspicious and unnecessary delays? How long do the transfers of the funds take? Are funds held up for unusual periods of time for vague reasons? Where does the interest accumulated (short and long term) on those billons of dollars go? (Shouldn't most of that profit go to the donations rather than to the coffers of the banks/intermediaries?) How long are the funds held before paying the suppliers of all the materials/commodities/food supplies, etc. being purchased? ..the usual 30 days? Are the funds being held on the books being leveraged into derivatives? what is the leverage factor....100 to one? Are these "assets" used to bolster the bottom line? Do they include the leverage factor? What type of derivatives are the short term and long term "charity designated" temporary assets invested in...as they move circuitously through the books and balance sheets? How much profit, transparent and otherwise, will accrue to the "system" over the next several years?

I'm sure some of you out there can think of many more questions. I realize that my questions could be considered irreverent or almost blasphemous. For that you will have to excuse me for I have been a well bitten goldbug for too long, labeled a "conspiracy nut" because I wonder how much gold is in Fort Knox, where all the counterfeit gold bars are today, the ethics of the western central banking system, the suppression of gold and silver and their stocks for over ten years, counterfeit shares, naked shorting, the integrity of most of the PM ETFs, the COMEX, the CFTC, regulators, the Fed., various mints, ...blah, blah, blah!

So, it will only take about ten years before we find out a shred of truth regarding all of my evil, suspicious thoughts. I wonder how much longer, how many years, the suffering of the poor people in Haiti will be prolonged by the corruptand evil, the opportunists who are in a position to take advantage of such things?

New Message
Please login to post a reply