Welcome To The Golden Minerals HUB On AGORACOM

Golden Minerals is a junior silver producer with a strong growth profile, listed on both the NYSE Amex and TSX.

Free

Hi all,

Perhaps someone can explain the following to me, I'm just curious if anyone knows.

"Also impacting the change in loss was a $1,641,881 fluctuation in foreign exchange"

I'm getting asked a lot of questions about this.

How do we have such a huge number against currency fluctuation? Which currency, CAD/USD?? Why are we not protect ourselves from currency fluctuations through forward buying or hedging? This is a very large number for a company of this size, is this for the quarter only?

It may not seem like such an important topic to some, but the bottom line it means we can't say we are 'profitable' overall, we are still reporting a loss. Reporting a loss is the number one reason some of the investors I know left us after the statement was issued, they said they would return in 3 months to see what we report then. While long term, we all know what this company is worth, I think had the quarterly statement shown a firm over-all profit we would have continued with our momentum upwards... instead we're back in stall/short leakage mode.

Personally I would be satisfied if the company (once and for all) expanded the shares and just paid off all outstanding debt and stop incurring interest. Short term it may hurt a bit, but long term it would be a big plus to show a profit and have no outstanding debts.

Soul

New Message
Please login to post a reply