Welcome To The Golden Minerals HUB On AGORACOM

Golden Minerals is a junior silver producer with a strong growth profile, listed on both the NYSE Amex and TSX.

Free
Message: Pic, You and I were to early in selling some gpr.....EOM

I ate a huge tax bite a couple of years ago for over trading my accounts. I am just getting up to speed now in trading options so I can profit from swings without booking the full cap gains on the underlying stocks. Would it not make sense to sell puts on GPR to book a profit and then close out the puts for a further profit if/when GPR corrects? There is still a tax hit on this of course but a much smaller one than if you have held GPR since it was below a buck.

I have also been buying listed wrts in many juniors instead of adding to long term core positions. I can dump the wrts for a nice gain and just pay the cap gain on that instead of taking a big taxable gain on the average cost of adding to common and then selling the traders.

I have also become a much more active trader in my retirement account and therefore shelter the trading gains from tax. I used to just put boring long term core holdings in that account.

cheers!

mike

New Message
Please login to post a reply