Welcome To The Golden Minerals HUB On AGORACOM

Golden Minerals is a junior silver producer with a strong growth profile, listed on both the NYSE Amex and TSX.

Free

I am very bullish on this company. I am extremely disappointed with this deal as it has been structured, and that management is so tone deaf to the optics, and the missed opportunity to punish shorts.

Mike, that seems to me like a major contradiction if Imay be so blunt. What exactly is there here to be optimistic about except for what we have been led to believe is a very large silver-equivalent resource in the ground in Mexico?

The company's dumping of this extraordinarily cheap paper does not seem to be an intelligent move in the present circumstances. Not only did they not take the opportunity to punish shorts by BUYING shares instead of selling them, the fact remains that the share price continues to fall relentlessly. I believe it has risen perhaps one or two days in all the time since the merger. That is never a good sign regardless of what we believe to be positive fundamentals.

And I would not be glib about the burn rate either. As time passes over the next year money is going to become very tight and it is not a given that a junior explorer like AUM will have access to it. They MUST start producing substantial quantities of gold and silver both or else the market is not going to look on this one favorably. I would say the dismal share price action to date is pretty stark evidence of that.

I have a very large stake in this company also and want to see it do well but so far am not impressed with the moves of management as proven by the share price action.

Perhaps we had better all take a very hard look at this one and put management's feet to the fire before we are again looking at a sixty cent share price.

New Message
Please login to post a reply